That about sums up why I loathe diets. Do I feel I could lose 10 more lbs of post-smoking weight? Yup. Will I sacrifice my food to do it? Heck no.
Because of my stance on this, I ended up on the Fast Metabolism Diet. But I didn’t call it that. I called it the Fast Metabolism Nutrition Plan. Because it’s not a “diet” in the traditional sense. It’s a change in eating habits. 28 days to awesomeness. Or at least as close as one can get. Which is pretty dang close, apparently.
Going into this, I was lurching between 2 thoughts; this will be AMAZING and this will NEVER work. The second was because I have been struggling with my weight since I quit smoking. I tried caloric-restriction, massive amounts of exercise, fitness bands, diet food. NOTHING happened. At all.
S’anyways, my gf at work turned me on to this book. “Listen to it on Amazon!” she said. “You will see less of me!!” she said. Curiosity got the best of me and I did check it out. And I did notice I was seeing “less” of her. Hmmmm. What could I do?? I tried it. Today is day 24 of the 28 week plan. I am down 4 lbs. That makes me a little sad. BUT I am down a full bra size and have lost 4.24″ between my bust, hips, and thighs. Apparently my waist likes it size. And that thrills me to no end.
But that’s awesomeness I referred to up there, that doesn’t have anything to do with pant size. The awesomeness is freeing yourself from poor food habits. Learning to eat differently. Healthier. So here’s some cool take-aways, I hope you’ll dive in and check it out!
- Sub turkey for ground beef in chili, sketti sauce, casseroles
- You can live without dairy and still live with icecream – http://minimalistbaker.com/no-churn-vegan-chocolate-ice-cream/ (I use Xylitol instead of dates, but YUM!!)
- Oil is not necessary to make 90% of your favorite dishes.
- Neither is flour
- There’s more to breakfast than toast.
- Turkey bacon is not half bad. Turkey sausage is great.
- Smoked salmon is the best mid afternoon snack ever.
- You can make a “cup-cake” with 1 egg white, 2 tbs cocoa, 2 tbsp xylitol or 1 packet stevia, and a couple drops of vanilla. And it’s good.
- There does NOT have to be a grain at every meal.
- Unhulled barley is a fantastic stand in for rice.
- Steak is OK! So are burgers!!
I could really go on and on, but none of us have time for that. Just check out Haylee’s website! Try a couple recipes. Make a change here and there. Test the waters. You won’t regret it!