After 2/22 we decided to become strangers again. It is still haunting me.
But the experience left me with some wonderful lessons. Things I wouldn’t have ever thought it would teach me;
- I can be brave. There were so many times I almost said “No, Snoop. I can’t do this”. But I didn’t. And I’m glad
- I will go after what I want. It had been a looooong time since I wanted something like I wanted to meet him. I was going to make it happen no matter what.
- I can take risks. Not knowing the outcome or how it would affect me, I went for it. It was exhilarating and intoxicating.
- I can be okay. Even when I’m not. Cry on your mat, talk to your friends, take yourself out, and laugh.
- I need more adventure. It showed me, more than anything, that my life was stale. Same town with the same folks and the same guys saying the same lines. I need to go where my heart leads, not where comfort tells me to be.
It’s weird how some things upend your life like this. I never would be considering a big move or really, truly going after my pipe dreams if it wasn’t for that trip. And I wouldn’t have taken that trip if it wasn’t for you.
So thanks, Snoop. You might not know it but you changed me life.