Isn’t it interesting how one day you are planning your anniversary, and the next day you’re just trying to figure out how to keep everything above water? I don’t know how we got here. How we got to this place where nothing seems to make sense anymore, where once I thought everything was perfect to now, where I don’t know if there’s going to be a tomorrow.
I know this wasn’t his plan, my life as it is. How do you encourage the acceptance of change?
Questions. Ask questions. There are many factors. Things that should be thought about.
- How do you really feel about it? Scared? Frustrated? Angry? Sad?
- Are you willing to make changes to fix this?
- Does this need to be a problem?
- Can this be turned into a positive/learning situation?
- Would you be willing to accept it as something potentially good?
- If no, why not?
- What can you do to make the situation acceptable?
I hate asking questions, at least these kinds of questions. I feel like I am being pushy. But I am just trying to figure things out.
Trying to figure things out. Is that always the best approach? I feel like I could write a whole post on that, too…